a day in the life of..

this blog was started just for fun.. that was then.. this is now.. things have been crazy the last few months.. but i am back.. in more ways than one :)

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

and now in our 4th week..

i hate what's happening in Lebanon.. i hate that there's really nothing i can do about it.. i hate that i am sitting here comfortably at home far far far away blogging about this.. it feels fake and hypocrital.. does that make any sense??

the last few nights.. i've been chatting with southern comfort.. and i won't get into that.. because.. well.. it's private.. but those are the only hours of the day that i am not thinking about this.. so.. sc.. thank you for that.. and well.. pretty much everything else :)

other than that.. my days consist of getting up.. seeing what work i need to get done that day.. doing it.. and basically just hanging out.. i have my appointment this friday at 7:00 am.. so hopefully it will go smoothly.. here's what could go down:

us embassy: so, a lebanese passport, huh?
me: yes
us embassy: why are you in mexico?
me: my dad works here
us embassy: and what is your purpose in moving to the United States of America? (they always say the whole word!)
me: to work
us embassy: interesting, and what is your view on what's going on in your country?
me: it's a shame and a tragedy, i am optimistic though that there will be peace soon (wow, what a miss universe response! ahahahahaa)
us embassy: is that how you really feel?
me: yes (in my head.. are you freaking kidding me?? how can your govt. block a ceasefire and let innocent people die every single day.. are you really that blinded by what's happening?? open your eyes!!)..
us embassy: good, your passport will be ready next week
me: thanks

that's one possibility.. i will write down how it actually goes after i get back.. hopefully it ends with your passport will be ready next week.. and not.. can you come back in for some further questioning? imagine?? oh my god.. that would be horrible.. but i will be positive.. there's no need for that.. my papers are in order.. and they seem to like american accents.. so that gives me some sort of edge :) hey.. you work with what you have.. what more can i say?

k.. well.. i'm off.. to read some more news and get a bit more traumatized.. hope everyone's well and that you and yours are keeping safe..

till the next time,
nounou

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home