a day in the life of..

this blog was started just for fun.. that was then.. this is now.. things have been crazy the last few months.. but i am back.. in more ways than one :)

Monday, February 05, 2007

my 30-day challenge!

helloooooooo everyone..

ok.. well, again.. it's been a while.. i have no excuses except that i really didn't have anything going on.. not that i do now.. but my legion of fans has been asking me to blog.. so here i am.. back by popular demand!! :)

so, as you know, one of my resolutions for 2007 is to get in shape.. i didn't want to start january 2nd like everyone else does, because.. well.. statistically over 75% of those people are no longer there come february.. so i decided to start january 31st.. and i kicked off with a 45 minute cardio session.. treadmill, eliptical and stairs.. it was tiring.. but in a way it was good because i've been in a moody state for the last few weeks (98% job-related).

so that was the 31st.. then i went back on thursday and did a kickboxing class.. which KILLED me.. we started off with jogging for like 5 minutes.. if you know me, i don't jog.. i might walk faster.. but jogging and i don't work.. so that was the first 5 minutes.. and then lunges back and forth and back and forth.. and then after that.. we had to do push-ups.. and FINALLY the class started.. and it was a killer.. honestly.. she's not the usual thursday-class teacher.. but she was awesome.. i pretty much died after that class.. but ugly betty and grey's anatomy revived me.. thank god for good tv on thursdays!! :)

i took friday off.. you know.. i needed a break.. and saturday.. i could have gone to the kickboxing class but my left calf muscle still felt super tight so i decided to do something more low-key and ended up going for an hour walk.. in my neighborhood.. it was nice and pleasant.. until i got home and my calf got even tighter.. until by the middle of the afternoon i could hardly walk.. well, no.. i'm exxagerating.. i could walk.. i just couldn't put my heel down on my left leg.. so that was a great way to spend the weekend.. wearing heels is good for something i guess!! :)

yesterday.. aka.. superbowl sunday.. i took the day off.. since i couldn't walk yet.. i lathered up my leg in icy hot.. which smells HORRIBLE... yeah.. poor southern comfort.. he had to put up with my sexy walking abilities for the last two days.. but don't feel too bad for him.. he laughed a lot as well!

so, i woke up this morning.. and my left leg is muchhhh better.. my heel is almost all the way down.. meaning i'll be ready to go back to the gym tomorrow.. anyway.. that's when i do weights.. so it's not running around.. i should be back in my cardio classes by wednesday! :) that's the plan.. i'll keep you all posted on my 30-day challenge.. and even though i'm not posting any before or after pictures.. i'll find a way of sharing information with you! :)

5 days in!
nounou :)

oh yeah.. since this is about my whole fitness thing for the month of february.. i have to say that if you caught the superbowl then you know that the Colts are the new Champions and none other than my hubby Peyton Manning was the MVP.. 2007 is going to have to be a great year just because of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you decided to blog again,please dont be so lazy and keep us informed

     

Post a Comment

<< Home