a day in the life of..

this blog was started just for fun.. that was then.. this is now.. things have been crazy the last few months.. but i am back.. in more ways than one :)

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Merry Christmas to meeee!! :)

Readers..

Hey everyone!! I hope that most of you are done with your Holiday shopping by now.. whether for christmas, hanukkah, kwanza.. or whatever else is being celebrated out there :) As you can tell from my title, ladies and gentlemen we have confirmation.. of what or who.. just read on..

Last year, while living in Mexico City.. i went on a serious diet.. including a nutritionist, exercise and all that other good stuff.. I did this all in order to get ready for a surgery that i was about to have.. if i told you, you might not believe me.. so let's leave it at that.. (for the nosy readers.. if you want to know, post a comment) :) Anyway.. i lost a total of about 18 pounds.. and right before my surgery i was at a friend's party where the girls had to wear all red and the guys black.. suffice it to say like 3 girls actually followed that rule, me being one of them! For those of you that have tried to match reds.. it's nearly impossible.. so i ended up basically looking like a beach bum.. totally different shades of red.. thinking that it was a small party and whatever..

I could not have been any more wrong.. we walked in.. my brother and two of my friends.. the only 4 people in the party that followed the dress code.. and the apartment was packed.. even the neighbors' apartment was being used.. it was a pretty big party.. and i looked like a complete fool.. a few minutes later.. one of my other friends walked in.. and with him, one of his best friends.. and for my readers.. seriously.. my jaw dropped!! The super-hot guy.. who we'll call "C".. seriously caused quite a stir when he walked in.. and his friend, as well as my friend.. brought him over to us.. and we.. the girls.. all made small talk.. i mean, you know when you meet those people that you know you have no chance in hell with.. so you don't even try?? Anyway.. he was perfect eye candy.. and then i went to get a drink.. and there he was.. actually flirting with me.. i didn't realize that's what was happening at that time.. it took my brother to point that out.. and yeah.. i was 27.. NO EXCUSES!!!

Anyway.. he was flirting.. but i had NO idea how to flirt back.. so i was just kind of acting stupid.. and after a few minutes.. he made his move on someone else.. she definitely played that game way better than i did or ever could!! So, i thought nothing of it.. a few weeks later though.. i get a call from him.. inviting my brother and i to his vacation home.. so yeah.. we went.. and it was fun.. he was still super hot.. but you know.. not that unattainable anymore.. only because of his goofy personality.. That day was fun.. a few days after that.. he called me to go out to the movies.. are you thinking SCORE?? No no no.. we went to the movies.. it was nice.. And a few weeks after that, i had my going-away party.. for when i moved to San Diego.. he was one of the first to arrive.. and the last to leave.. my friends tried to give us "alone" time thinking something would happen.. but no.. his friend refused to leave.. so it ended up being the 3 of us chatting it up till 6 in the morning!!!

Fast forward to this year.. i hadn't seen "C" since my going-away party last year.. and though i've been back in mexico city for about 3 weeks now.. we didn't have a chance to meet up.. that is, until tonight.. He called me to go out for a drink.. of course i said yes.. so we went out.. we talked.. about everything.. and nothing.. he was being flirty.. and i guess that my last year in San Diego at least taught me something.. i was super flirting back... his friends called.. and we ended up meeting up with them at another bar.. we stayed a few hours.. and then.. on the way home.. he straight out goes.. so, what do we think is happening here?? And i was playing dumb.. i am good at that, it seems.. so he repeats.. you're single.. i'm single.. we're both adults.. what do we want here? And i go.. what are you offering? And readers.. he leaned over.. and kissed me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah yeah yeah.. maybe you were expecting more.. but this is confirmation for me.. he's super attractive.. he's smart.. and though i've gained back some of the weight.. this just confirms one thing.. it's all about attitude.. last year, i never really thought i had a real shot.. and now.. i totally do.. and that's more of an ego-boost that i can EVER explain!!! I think that we all have that one "test" in our lives.. so he was mine.. and i passed.. Merry Christmas to meeee!! :)

wow...
nounou :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home