a day in the life of..

this blog was started just for fun.. that was then.. this is now.. things have been crazy the last few months.. but i am back.. in more ways than one :)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

a day in the life of.. me

Hey everyone.. hope everyone's week is going well so far.. it's almost thursday so that should put a smile on all our faces.. at the very least the weekend's almost here!! :)

Anyways.. i haven't been blogging much recently.. i'm sure that you've noticed.. and there is an explanation for it.. i am just in the process of trying to figure things out.. i can't really get into details just yet.. but you already know that it's a visa issue.. i am meeting with yet another immigration lawyer tomorrow.. to get the final opinion.. and once i speak with him.. i'll have an idea as to what the next few months will be looking like for me.. I don't really expect him to disagree with what i've heard so far.. so i guess it's just the whole "finality" of it that i will be hearing tomorrow.. and then, of course.. telling my boss about it.. he still doesn't know.. but the rest of the team seems to be confident that my job will still be available come October.. even if i will have 3 months off in between... yeah.. that's what it's looking like will happen..

I'm not really as stressed as i thought i would be.. or maybe i just became really good at convincing myself to be cool, calm and collected.. i even have myself fooled.. now, that's impressive! :) But, well.. i know things happen for a reason.. and if this is what has to happen.. then hopefully i'll see the reason for it sooner rather than later..

So.. the boss doesn't know yet.. and southern comfort doesn't know yet either.. that should be a pretty awkward conversation.. it'll go something like this:
me: hey southern comfort, i need to talk to you about something
sc: sure.. what's up?
me: that whole visa thing that i kind of mentioned a few weeks ago is not looking so good..
sc: oh yeah.. meaning what?
me: i'm not even sure if this is a concern of yours since i'm not even sure what we are
sc: (look of oh no.. not THAT talk).. ok, so what's up?
me: i'm most likely going to have to leave the country for 3 months..
(silence)
me: southern comfort??
sc: oh wow, i didn't see that coming.. so that's it?
me: yeah.. pretty much..

Ok, i am not being dramatic here or anything.. but the fact is that my next visa is not even 100% guaranteed.. and on top of that.. by the time i leave (early july).. if he's still around.. we'll have been dating for almost 4 months.. that's wayyyyyyy too early to test the waters with distance.. so i'll go to mexico.. and he'll stay here.. and if i come back.. i should say when i come back.. if he's still single.. and if i still like him.. maybe we can give it another shot..

So that's my life right now..

tune in next time for a special episode of "nounou and the INS" :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh baby you sound really sad!!! have a little faith I am sure all will work fine for you...love you :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home