a day in the life of..

this blog was started just for fun.. that was then.. this is now.. things have been crazy the last few months.. but i am back.. in more ways than one :)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

flashback to the "good" old days :)

So.. on thursday night, my closest friends in mexico and i went out for a "despedida dinner".. aka.. a farewell .. Since i'm super-immature for my age and the idea of a gaming option was a total win-win for me, we ended up going to Dave & Buster's.. I sent the e-mail invite to 12 people.. and 12 people came.. so i guess that says something about me.. ahahahahaha.. Basically, i haven't pissed anyone off enough not to show up.. and trust me.. some of my comments have been super-borderline.. but oh well.. this comes with the package, i guess :) Anyway.. we met up.. technically it was supposed to be at 9:00.. but well, things move at a different pace here.. so everyone was there by 10:00.. not so bad, i think!!

We had drinks.. we had dinner.. and then we went to play some games upstairs.. the usual car-racing.. truck-driving.. monster-killing games.. it was super fun.. The 12 people that were there are basically as diverse a bunch as you could find.. 4 brothers.. my own brother.. :) some friends from procter (where i used to work).. and then a few misc. people.. basically, not everyone was a "gamer".. but everyone did make some effort to enjoy themselves.. even the new "couple".. ahahahahah.. oh thank god they don't know about this blog.. in mexico.. being called a couple is definitely serious.. meaning.. you have to talk about it.. agree to the terms of the relationship and so on and so forth.. of course i am exaggerating here.. but readers.. trust me.. not too much!!! There is an actual asking phase.. like back in middle school.. "so, do you want to be my girlfriend?".. and then the answer.. maybe it's like that everywhere, but i have never seen it like it is here.. no offense or anything.. every culture does things differently.. i'm from Lebanon after all.. a place where it's normal to show respect to your girlfriend by not sleeping with her.. you find other girls to do that with.. HELLO???? Yeah.. random places i've been..

Anyway.. after D&B.. most of the crowd dispersed.. leaving me with one of my really good girl friends here in mexico and a really good guy friend as well.. strangely enough.. when i first started working at procter (march 2003).. those were my first 2 friends!! Basically it was a "full-circle" moment.. so, we decided to hit the town.. and hit the town, we did!!! Back in the day, when i was living in Lebanon (1995-2000), there was a time-period where i was going out constantly, like 5 nights a week and not coming home till about 6:00 am.. our clubs stay open late.. obviously :) Anyway.. at that time, that was fun for me.. i loved doing it.. and i had the energy for it.. even though i was working and going to school at the same time.. I was young, what more can i say? :) Since then, i haven't had many many nights like that.. of course they still happen.. but usually there are occasions.. like, we're on vacation.. so let's party it up.. perfect example of that would have been Acapulco 2004/2005.. now THAT was a fun trip.. :) Anyway.. since then.. i really haven't had super late nights.. that is, until Thursday.. i didn't think that i still had it in me.. but it seems that i do.. i didn't get back home till 6:20 am!!!!! And the funniest part is this.. had i not been living with my parents.. i am pretty sure that i would have come home even later.. so yeah.. 6:20 was me being considerate.. ahahahahah.. funny, no??

Anyway.. it was a great night.. and a good way for me to realize that i do still have it in me.. since i'll be off to LA in a few days.. 5 to be exact.. i guess it was good to get it out of my system here since that doesn't work so much over there.. with clubs closing at 2 and all.. and with my friends being a little bit more concerned about their ability to function during the week while at work.. :) I just wanted to write this in here.. for whoever's reading.. and also for myself.. you know, this is like an online diary.. i think that there are about 2 regular readers.. but there could be way more than that.. and now you all know a little bit more about me.. it's an exciting life i lead, wouldn't you say?? Ahahahahah.. i'm just kidding.. but at least i'm having a good time.. you can't ask for more..

LA countdown: T-5!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home